Dwayne Johnson Post Heart Wrenching Instagram Photo After Revealing Brutus Died

Tami Benedict

If you follow Dwayne Johnson on any of his social media accounts, or just plain follow the news, then you will know that he recently adopted two adorable French bulldog puppies named Brutus and Hobbs. Unfortunately, Johnson took to his Instagram today to share that news that last night Brutus died after eating a poisonous mushroom in their backyard.

"Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficaial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus's suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heave. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushrooms while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks, or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent can be deadly to you lil' family member. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City We'll always love you Brutus..and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute."

Mushrooms can be poisonous to almost any pet, and according to Vetstreet, it is hard to identify what mushroom could possibly be hazardous to your pet. Mushrooms can contain more than one poisonous substance, and overall health and underlying medical conditions can determine the fate of an animal after eating the mushroom.

From the moment Dwayne Johnson got his two adorable puppies, he has not shied away from sharing every awesome moment with his 28.2 million Instagram followers. Just recently, he posted a video of himself attempting to walk Brutus, who would not move at all.

Johnson urges pet owners to be aware of the dangers of mushrooms and other poisonous plants in their backyards. Hopefully, Hobbs will be okay without his Brutus.

[Image by Frazer Harrison/ Getty Images]